Ok, yawl... I know I've been a naughty girl and haven't posted in a while.... I kinda fell off a little bit. But I'm back to serve you up with a nice, tall, juicylicious glass of your favorite hair care tips and info. Now, people are always asking me how to achieve long, strong, and healthy natural hair. Although the overall concept of natural, healthy hair is quite simple, there is still alot of information and many things to be considered. It can be overwhelming and sometimes you just don't know where to start. So I thought it might be nice to change things up a taste. I'm going to give you the key to achieving healthy hair growth and I'm going to walk you through it step by step. Some of the beginning steps have already been covered in previous posts. Today will be a refresher course. Ya ready? Here goes...
Step 1: Finding the Right conditioner.
- Find a conditioner that leaves hair soft, supple, and moisturized
- Coats the hair (thick, not watery)
- Allows enough "slip" so that you can easily detangle
- You'll have to put in work...finding the right one is a matter of trial and error
- Find a gentle shampoo (doesn't leave hair feeling like a pile of rough, dry, straw)
- Don't shampoo too often
- Focus on poo-ing the scalp to prevent dryness
- As you rinse, let the suds clean the length of the hair
- ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS follow with conditioner
- Again, you gotta put in more work... finding "the one" is trial and error
- Choose a wide-tooth comb instead of fine teeth
- Prevents snagging and pulling
- Easily glides through curly kinks
- Prevents or lessens split ends
- Click here to check out my previous detailed post on using a wide-tooth comb!
So there you have it! You better start your search for the perfect 'poo, conditioner, and wide-tooth comb! I'll be back soon to reveal the next step in achieving strong, healthy hair growth!
STEP 1: Finding the Right Conditioner.
STEP 2: Finding the Right Shampoo.
STEP 3: Using a Wide-Tooth Comb.
STEP 4: Burn Those Brushes!
STEP 5: Moisture, Moisture, Moisture!