To find out more about my natural hair history and haircare regimen, click on MY HAIR JOURNEY. Enjoy!

**CONTACT ME: lovelyladyluxe [at] gmail [dot] com

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dry Arse Hair!!!!!


After my last post Protect Your Neck, an LLL reader asked:
____________________________________________________
What does it mean if [the conditioner is] just sitting there [on top of your hair
instead of coating and penetrating it]? I moisturize my hair every day but it
still seems dry.
____________________________________________________

When conditioner just sits there "chillin" on the top of your hair, it's an indication that you have dry arse hair. What is dry arse hair, you might ask? Well, just take a good look at this throwback pic of MJ. This, my friends, is the perfect example of some dry, thirsty arse hair! See how the hair is wet but still looks dry...how the beads of water just kinda roll off the top of the hair instead of saturating it... how the hair is so rigid that it barely flattens at all (even though it's probably soaked)... What I mean is, if you put conditioner on your hair and it even slightly resembles this, then it's time to step your moisture game up... pronto!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! That's exactly what it looks like lol. Oh that's bad lol. I moisturize and put it in a plastic baggy every night but it still doesn't wanna soak up anything. Someone said it was porous or something like that.

modest-goddess said...

Have you tried doing a hot oil treatment with coconut oil? I've found a lot of the Carol's Daughter type products don't work on my 4a hair but coconut oil and shea butter work every time.



I forgot Michael used to be so normal and handsome.

goldenchica said...

Thanks for the post! My moisture game was tight but then I went on spring break and got more concerned with looking cute, promising myself that when I got back I would pamper the mess out of my hair. Well, I'm back and my hair seems to know I was plottin' against it because it won't do nothin' but sit under that conditioner and give me salty looks! LOL...if i don't laugh I'm gonna cry! Tonight I'm gonna clarify and then try another DT, cause this dry hair is gonna be the death of me--I don't need no brush fires poppin' off in this mess.

Lovely Lady Luxe said...

@ Goldenchica- LOL! Girl you are a mess. Too funny! :)

Gia said...

I have Arse hair?! omg I need to purchase coconut oil asap...hopefully it helps!

LovintheBlessin said...

Also, it could mean that your hair is impenetrable, so the moisture sin't getting into it like you said. This is a result of product buildup because your strand is suffocated by some product or another and the moisture just won't go in. In the case of the formerly sexy MJ, it was probably because of afrosheen or whatever weird thing they were using to do their hair. CLARIFY (i use baking soda) and then moisturize again.

Anonymous said...

I no longer have dry arse hair lmao. I stepped my moisture game up asap and now it's just soaking in all the water and conditioner lol.

I did hot oil treatments with olive oil, castor oil, and coconut oil on wet hair and my hair loved it lol.

I started spritzing my hair with water, oil, and conditioner everyday, every minute lol and that also helped too. Everyday, it looks like I dunked my head in some water and oil lol but my hair is retaining length so I'm happy lol.

Lovely Lady Luxe said...

@ Anonymous- Good girl! ;) Stay with it and you'll see health and growth in no time! Lawd knows, I stay greasy, all day er'yday!!!!! LOL