To find out more about my natural hair history and haircare regimen, click on MY HAIR JOURNEY. Enjoy!

**CONTACT ME: lovelyladyluxe [at] gmail [dot] com

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Protect Ya Neck...

... and those precious, fragile ends! The ends of your hair are the oldest, weakest part of your hair so it's important to keep them oiled, well-moisturized, and TRIMMED. Yes, I said TRIMMED. Don't be SCURRED! I know some people are scurred of the scissors but you MUST MUST MUST keep your hair free of dead ends! Peep the ends of my hair in the above pic. There is no fuzz, fraying, frizzing, or foolishness... Just nice clean ends. Moisture! Moisture! Moisture! IS KEY! Please don't get caught slippin! I don't care what anyone says... I stays greasy... all day, E'RYDAY! Just the mere THOUGHT of dry hair gets my blood pressure up! This is how you know your hair is parched. Give your hair a good wash. If the water and conditioner just sits there chillin on TOP of the hair(instead of coating and penetrating it), then Houston we have a problem!

4 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Hi LLL!
How often do you trim your ends? Do you trim them yourself? And lastly, how much do you trim off? Sorry about all the questions, but I am one of those guilty of being "scurred" of "the trim".

Laquita said...

Great post :o)

Anonymous said...

What does it mean if it's just sitting there? I moisturize my hair every day but it still seems dry. Whenever I co-wash, I finger comb and then there's like hair all over the place. Shedded and broken hairs and I don't know how to fix it.

Lovely Lady Luxe said...

@ ChocolateOrchid- I trim my hair myself, once every 2 months. I trim however much appears to be split which is very little since I moisturize religiously and use protective styling. Always choose the health of your hair first. Growth will surely follow. :)