"Is there a tutorial for this style? If not, can you make one? Or
do you already have one? If so, can you direct me to it?"
- Step 1: Distribute your favorite hair oil throughout the hair to add sheen.
- Step 2: Make a center part in the front of the hair.
- Step 3: Slick edges/sides down w/ a fine tooth comb (smooth, NEVER COMB THROUGH DRY HAIR w/ a fine tooth comb) .
- Step 4: Pull hair back into a low ponytail.
- Step 5: Secure with an elastic band or not (you can skip if you want a "looser" look) .
- Step 6: Braid the length of the hair.
- Step 7: Bring the braid from the back of the head and wrap the length across the front.
- Step 8: Secure the braid with bobby pins (keep pins hidden for a clean look).
- Step 9: You are now a braided beauty so ...You betta work, batch! LOL!
Just play with it and have fun! The style works best on pressed/straight hair although I've worn it with natural hair as well. If your hair isn't long enough to achieve the do', then just hit up your nearest Black Hair and Beauty Store and go cop you some ASAP, Honey! Ain't no shame! LOL! After securing your hair in a pony, that's when you would install the extra hair. In Style also has a great tutorial on this style and a couple of other beautiful braided updos. Some of the instructions are a little bit off but it should be enough to give you some ideas.
Click to check out In Style's Celebrity Braided Updos.