To find out more about my natural hair history and haircare regimen, click on MY HAIR JOURNEY. Enjoy!

**CONTACT ME: lovelyladyluxe [at] gmail [dot] com

Monday, April 5, 2010

Chrisette Michelle Gets GANGSTA... And Goes Completely BALD!




If you haven't already heard, there's a big ta-do about singer Chrisette Michelle shaving her head completely bald. In a recent interview, the singer explains her reasons for the big-chop-a-roo:


"I was tired of black sista’s feeling subject to having their hair pressed and straightened, and damaged, with relaxers, and heat. So I wanted to make short and nappy hair fashionable, and let the industry know that there is nothing wrong with the texture that we have been born with. So I plan to grow it out to the big beautiful nappy hair that I have.”

I personally don't see why there is such "shock and awe." She looks absolutely beautiful. All of this makes me think about the different reasons sistas go natural. Me? Well, I did the big chop-a-roo twice. Each time, different reasons. The first was the same as Chrisette. I was just sick and tired of being sick and tired. The second was after a bad breakup. I thought I needed a change. Before I cut it, I was miserable. After I cut, I was just BALD and MISERABLE. LOL. Nothing changed. Here's the thing though... It may not be life-changing but I do think going natural teaches you an important lesson about yourself regardless of why you do it.

LLL readers, why did YOU go natural? And are you diggin Chrisette's new 'do?

1 comment:

Sjaar said...

How sweet! Thanks for your comment.