To find out more about my natural hair history and haircare regimen, click on MY HAIR JOURNEY. Enjoy!

**CONTACT ME: lovelyladyluxe [at] gmail [dot] com

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hair Tip-a-Roo: It's A Wrap!

Did you know that you could be damaging your precious locks in your sleep? Many don't realize that the cotton sheets, pillows, and pillowcases that you sleep on every night can quickly wreak havoc on your hair. As you toss and turn, your delicate ends rub against the fabric, therefore drying, splitting, and damaging them. And if you sleep as wild as I do, then it's definitely a wrap! Your hair doesn't stand a chance! You'll be forced to say good-bye to all that glorious growth you worked so hard to retain.

Here's a quick fix. Before bed, try wrapping your hair in a silk scarf. You can even switch it up and use a silk pillowcase. So instead of getting snagged, your hair will remain protected. Oh, how I ♥ my silk scarf! I bought mine from a store that used to sell Indian garb and we haven't parted ways since. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about my precious silk scarf. I'll admit, I have somewhat of an unhealthy attachment to it. Even ask my 10 year-old nephew about "Auntie's scarf" and he'll quickly inform you that "Auntie don't play!" My scarf was sent from hair heaven and there's no telling where I'd be without it!

No comments: