To find out more about my natural hair history and haircare regimen, click on MY HAIR JOURNEY. Enjoy!

**CONTACT ME: lovelyladyluxe [at] gmail [dot] com

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hair Growth: 3 Simple Rules



One of my faithful blog readers wanted me to recommend a shampoo and conditioner that will stimulate the scalp and help the hair grow. Unfortunately, there isn't really a "magic" shampoo or conditioner that can guarantee growth (except for products like "Rogaine", which is usually reserved for those with more serious issues like balding). If hair loss isn't a problem for you but you're just eager to see growth, the process is as easy as 1,2,3! Growing long, strong hair is somewhat of a "lifestyle". It takes commitment and you must be consistent everyday! Hair grows when you consistently:
  • Keep it moisturized (with good shampoo, conditioner, water, and oil)

  • Reduce wear and tear (no heat, constant combing, or brushing)

  • Protect it (wear protective hairstyles and a silk scarf at night)

Plain and simple! If you just do these 3 things consistently (and the key word is CONSISTENTLY), I guarantee you will see considerable growth in no time. Give it a try and keep me updated on your results. My email is lovelyladyluxe [at] gmail [dot] com. Happy Growing, Ladies!

4 comments:

Amina said...

great advices:)
thank you

Afrodite said...

I'm so bad about protective styles....I love to have my hair all out!

PALS said...

actually, how many shampoos does that girl uses? She has a very long hair.. Is she having the crown of the world's longest hair?

Thank you
charles
Money Making and Blogging Tips

Indigofera Natural Hair & Skin Studio said...

Great tips! On of my favorite transition styles are "Titi Twists" I created them for one of my clients who needed a long wearing style. After your plant based hair care ritual, two strand twist your hair and set them on rods. Wear the style and let it progress to a curly twist out every time.

Be Radiantly Beautiful,
Chanelle Washington
Indigofera Beauty Expert