To find out more about my natural hair history and haircare regimen, click on MY HAIR JOURNEY. Enjoy!

**CONTACT ME: lovelyladyluxe [at] gmail [dot] com

Friday, October 24, 2008

You Down With OCM?



The Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) is apparently the new craze in the world of skin care. This method involves using castor oil (25%) and olive oil (75%) to cleanse and moisturize, leaving the skin with an enviable glow.

I had high hopes for this here OCM. I doused my face with the so-called miracle concoction and low and behold, within a week, all HELL broke loose on my face! WTF man! The oil dried out my skin and created acne in places it never existed before. I tried experimenting with the oil percentages, but it was all to no avail. Argggh! What a bummer! I did notice a nice glow to my skin, but the extra bump action I can definitely do without. Needless to say, I am no longer down with OCM! Despite my experience, it seems there are many who've had better luck with this. Peep the Youtube vid demonstrating the OCM.

3 comments:

Diva Style said...

Very interesting to see a post on this. I just slathered my face in olive oil before I went to bed the other night! LOL.

LadyD said...

No this stuff is the BUSINESS! I love it...my skin is so much better and softer after doing it...=) And i've been doing it for a couple of weeks now

Sey said...

I tried this for a week and my pores got clogged si badly. it didnt work for me i use castor oil & olive oil mixed