Some of us need to slow our rolls when it comes to all these tight braids, weaves, and wigs. Now, there's absolutely nothing wrong with changing things up from time to time. Even I can appreciate a good sew-in every now and then. But if these styles aren't installed correctly or with caution, your hair can and eventually will experience irreparable damage. To put it point blank, your junk will be straight up snatched back, ripped bald and let's keep it funky.... Is that really the look you're going for? LOL! Just look at Naomi Campbell. Most people think she has it all... money, beauty, fame... The only thing she's missing is her hairline and that right there is a tragedy! This may be God's way of punishing her for beating people over the head with phones. LOL! I don't know. All I know is that THIS IS YOUR FUTURE if you don't take heed when rockin those tight ass wigs and weaves! (Hey, that rhymes! Anyhoo...) Believe me, I've been there! And let me tell you, there is nothing more sobering than to look at yourself in the mirror only to realize that a big patch of your hair is M.I.A. (missing in action). Here are 6 ways to prevent your hair from getting snatched bald:
- 1. Avoid tight braids worn alone or under weaves. This pulls hair at the root! (Tight ain't right, yawl!)
- 2. Do NOT use alot of tiny braids as the base for your sew-ins (no matter how flat it may make your weave lay)
- 3. Wear a wig cap underneath wigs to protect your hairline from friction damage.
- 4. Care for and baby your hair underneath the weave or wig (yes, wigs can snatch you bald, too!)
- 5. Keep your hair oiled and moisturized religiously (MOISTURE MOISTURE MOISTURE is KEY!)
- 6. Just give it a rest once in a while! Your hair will love you for it!